What's new

Linux activation network connection error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aaron

New Around Here
Hi,
I recently installed the latest version of Linux onto a 6 years old laptop and it has given it a new lease of life. I am very pleased with it except for one irritating issue. I connected a portable hard drive and a USB stick and transferred some files from the HD to the stick. I unmounted both and removed them. Since then I keep getting the Activation Network connection error message, I can only assume it is trying to connect to either the HD or the USB stick and as neither of them is connected, hence the message. My internet connection is fine and has no issues.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.

Appuals solution here- https://appuals.com/activation-of-network-connection-failed-in-linux/

Last edited:
"the latest version of Linux" means nothing. Presumably you're talking about a Linux distribution, like Ubuntu, Debian, etc. So which distribution and which release? Can you provide a screenshot of the error message.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!