What's new

List of compatible 3G/4G USB dongles?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Hi there,

Can someone point me in the direction of a list of Merlin/Asus compatible dongles? I'm sure I saw it on Asus' website before but for some reason I'm struggling to find it! Asus RT-AC87U

Last edited:
For maximum flexibility consider using a WiFi hotspot as a dingle. You can either use it as a WiFi hotspot for 8 - 10 devices, or by plugging it into your router using a USB cable, as a dongle for fall over service.

I have had success using two WiFi hotspots from from ZTE including model (MF915) and a Samsung SM V100T. The Samsung even has a built in USB cable.

A hotspot has its own battery so in the case of a power failure you can always use it as a hotspot if your network goes down with other battery powered network devices that have WiFi capabilities.

What ever device you purchase just be sure it has the radios to work in the parts of world you are in or will be traveling to.

Try huawei af23. It solved all my problems. Works with all huawei dongles in stick mode. Connection takes about 5 seconds, switching from primary to secondary wan takes 5 seconds and so on.