Loaning hardware to merlin?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

maaaaa

New Around Here
Merlin - my GT-AXE11000 just arrived and I'm looking forward to doing some testing with 6ghz, but not looking forward to life without merlin/Diversion/Skynet/etc. Instead of being one more random guy on the internet asking when you're going to do something for me, I figured I'd ask this instead: do you need an AXE11000 to test? If not, want to borrow mine? I'd rather not donate it permanently, but if you don't have access to one and need it so you can work on firmware development, I'll send it to you and hope you will send it back someday.

I know you don't solicit donations because it turns people into entitled jerks looking for special treatment. I'll leave you alone if you want to do this. PM me if you are interested.

To everyone else, I've been lurking here for a few months and have learned a ton; thanks.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Lol I can just imagine your basement glowing in the dark.
Fortunately, I don't keep them running all the time, only my primary router, and one RT-AC66U_B1 on which I disabled wifi. I only plug and turn on individual routers as I need them.

EventPhotoMan

Very Senior Member
Fortunately, I don't keep them running all the time, only my primary router, and one RT-AC66U_B1 on which I disabled wifi. I only plug and turn on individual routers as I need them.
Oh don’t get me wrong I figured this much, but I had envisions of a big sci-fi picture in my head, LED lights flashing all over the place hundreds of SS ID signals in the air.
Well, you could always daisychain them all, one client mode and one in assess point mode... and so one, see how many times you can do this.

litoven

New Around Here
Thanks for the offer, however getting hardware is never an issue, as Asus provides me with routers for development purposes.
If it is possible to you, is the AXE11000 on the pipeline?

Thing is that I am on the market for a new router as I plan some updates elsewhere and 88U is being replaced, main need for now is having a 2.5 port and future support.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Right now I am not working on any new model, that's all I can say for the time being. I can't speculate about future model support.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!