What's new

Locked out of Asus GUI after settings change

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vonmaya

New Around Here
Hi , I'm new to this forum and by no means an IT guru, but looking for some help.
Some months ago I set-up a RT-AC68U using the usual recommended settings i.e. renamed router, renamed SSID's, WPA2, new p/w's etc. It has worked perfectly these last 4 months.
However the issue I have and I cannot find a solution in these forums is this: at times upon making a change in the Asus Admin GUI, I am automatically logged out of the GUI and unable to re-connect where I get "problem loading the page" errors and "cannot connect to server 192.168.1.1."
An example of a settings change would be disabling remote access, which I did yesterday. As soon as I saved the change I was logged out and cannot re-connect.
I've tried different browsers and pc's and I've tried to connect using the IP address. Fortunately I still have internet access for my PC and other devices so can continue to work etc.
I know that a router reset will solve the issue but then requires re-configuring the device, renaming and setting new passwords etc which is a hack and just seems wrong.
Please tell me there a solution that avoids the reset?

Thanks for your help in advance...remember I'm a novice :)

Try rebooting the router first. The web server sometimes stops working. Turn it off, wait 5 seconds, turn it back on.

Hi , I'm new to this forum and by no means an IT guru, but looking for some help.
Some months ago I set-up a RT-AC68U using the usual recommended settings i.e. renamed router, renamed SSID's, WPA2, new p/w's etc. It has worked perfectly these last 4 months.
However the issue I have and I cannot find a solution in these forums is this: at times upon making a change in the Asus Admin GUI, I am automatically logged out of the GUI and unable to re-connect where I get "problem loading the page" errors and "cannot connect to server 192.168.1.1."
An example of a settings change would be disabling remote access, which I did yesterday. As soon as I saved the change I was logged out and cannot re-connect.
I've tried different browsers and pc's and I've tried to connect using the IP address. Fortunately I still have internet access for my PC and other devices so can continue to work etc.
I know that a router reset will solve the issue but then requires re-configuring the device, renaming and setting new passwords etc which is a hack and just seems wrong.
Please tell me there a solution that avoids the reset?

Thanks for your help in advance...remember I'm a novice :)

Maybe having remote access enabled has allowed someone to hack into your router and keep you out of it.

Reset the router, upload the current firmware, reset it again with initialize (if present in the webUI), and then configure it from scratch. And don't enable remote access.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!