What's new

Logging into 192.168.1.1 always loading..(logging in via safe mode works though)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JxXx

Occasional Visitor
Hi all!
I am new here and if my thread is in the wrong section...pls forgive me :)

I have problems logging in into 192.168.1.1 on one of my PC.It is always loading and loading but cannot get in.However,when i try on another PC,it loads fine,in an instant.Tested with my mobile device and it works fine as well.I have tried different browsers,clearing cookies but nothing helps.Both PCs are on the same configuration(same AV,no firewall settings,no proxy etc)

However when I have tried logging via safe mode and it works and loads fine.
Is there any thing I have to clear,reset on this particular PC?

Thanks

Check the IP address settings in that PC and see if they are different from the other devices that can log in ok. Only the IP address itself should be different.

Is the problem device connected via Ethernet or wireless?

Check to see if you can ping 192.168.1.1 from the problem computer, too.

I can do a ping:
Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms

My other PC has the same config(same av,only windows firewall,no proxy) but this PC has problems.
Previously on D-Link router,now ASUS.Accessing 192.168.1.1 always loads and loads.

Try clearing browser cache and cookies for 192.168.1.1

Also try disabling Windows firewall.

Hi,
I tried all means,clearing cookies,disabling windows firewall,AV etc but still cannot.
But when I tried to replug the old Dlink router and it is able to connect to the router page!
Is the PC confused as both router pages is 192.168.1.1? Is there any settings to clear in the PC?My dlink is using DD-WRT,ASUS on stock fw

Cannot get into router page

Hi,
I decided to start a topic here after asking similar question here: http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?p=71768

I recently bought a ASUS RT-AC66u router.
Summary of my problem:
-I cannot get into ASUS router page(192.168.1.1) in one particular PC.Always loading and loading.Other PC/mobile device are able to.This PC has the same configuration as the other PC(same AV,no firewall except windows firewall,no proxy etc)
-However I can get into the router page in Safe mode with networking
-I have cleared/reset internet options
-I just upgraded to the latest firmware.Tried going via http://www.asusnetwork.net/ or http://router.asus.com/ also have the same problem
-I replugged my old D-link router and typed 192.168.1.1 and it is able to go inside:confused:

So I would like to ask for advices as how to solve this problem

Attachments

• ASUS1.jpg
    ASUS1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
Hi there - does it prompt you to login (username password), or do you never get that prompt.

Either way I would recommend a different browser (Chrome) on that machine initially to see if its the browser config or the machine/security config.

My initial reaction is that either the browser is blocking popups, or javascript is disabled (this may be deliberate or the zone you have the router in has security settings that prevent it).

What happens if you try and go direct to a specific page (e.g. http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp)

Hi,
When i entered,it will prompt for username and password.After which the webpage will go into continuous loading.
I tried with FF,IE,Chrome.All the same results.
I also tried to go pass the home page and went straight to the webpage mentioned above,still the same result.

i have the same problem. I have already seen a host of problems with the ac66 modem online and i thought i wouldnt have one. I have done everything you have and am still investigating the problem.

i have the same problem. I have already seen a host of problems with the ac66 modem online and i thought i wouldnt have one. I have done everything you have and am still investigating the problem.

Hi,
U have the exact problem as me?Did you try other PCs to test?

If you have a USB plugged in try turning the router off, removing the USB and rebooting. Worked for me when I had a similar issue.

You wouldn't by any chance be using Avast for virus protection? Either turn off the Avast web shield temporarily or put 192.168.1.1 on the white list for Avast. This is a documented issue with the ASUS routers' UI and Avast and has been mentioned here before.

i am using ESET Anti Virus..i temporarily disabled protection and still cant work.
Added it on white list and also cant

Last edited: