What's new

Looking for a Cisco RV340 / RV340W

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Only if you need to replace one and you don't have any other options:

Yeah, I would look at alternatives unless you need that exact router. Used fortigates can run circles around the rv-series in terms of features and uptime.

huh ? tech9 are you a reseller with some kind of "reserve stock" for emergency replacements?

I'm sorry, I'm new to this forum... isn't this a buy & sell section for everyone?

It is for everyone, and if you need this specific router I'm sure someone has one. But it's just not the best at doing the job.

huh ? tech9 are you a reseller with some kind of "reserve stock" for emergency replacements?

No. What I'm saying is RV34x series routers enter End-of-Support in Oct 2022, in few months. No more security updates.

Ok…

So I understand that you’re discouraging their user after said date, but why would you sell such a router only to a buyer who needs it for replacement ?

I’m definitely looking for a RV340 or even better RV340W for reasons too diverse to list.

but why would you sell such a router only to a buyer who needs it for replacement

I don't sell anything. The routers are End-of-Sale at Cisco. I don't recommend RV34x series for new projects because of no support, no security updates. If you have one defective and you don't want to redesign the entire network, then another RV340x is a temporary quick fix. In case you find one.

There are a couple of eBay, but they are pricey. They want $799 for a RV345P. I think that is more than what they sold for new. It is refurbished which I am not sure what that means. I would be worried. Plus a $100 shipping.

@Tech9
Oh ok, I 'm sorry. I misread your first post, thought you were sitting on one or two but would only sell them to somebody who needed replacement. I apologize.

@coxhaus
That's the reason I'm asking you guys here. On ebay, they have a few the RV345 's (non-POE) as well, but they're also too expensive and I was looking for a 340/340w. I just don't understand why everyone is out of stock with them, considering the fact that they're gonna be EOL soon, and I would expect this to be a most significant factor for prospective buyers as tech9 pointed out.

But yet,they seem to be in high demand o_O

thought you were sitting on one or two

On three RV345P, actually. But I already have the replacement equipment. Nothing is for sale at the moment though, still in use.

I just don't understand why everyone is out of stock

Because there is no stock. No new RV34x routers anymore. Last ship date was Oct 28, 2021. Did you read Cisco announcement?

@Tech9

Yes of course I read it. I'm not necessarily talking about new units. If you check google shopping for e.g. it shows you a couple of items but when you click on the stores it says they're out of stock (refurb). Also, ebay let's you view sold items and there were quite a few going over the counter in the last couple of days / weeks.

I guess I'm just too late

BTW: Just out of curiosity, what routers did you replace your RV345s with ?

In 2022 I would never pay more than $100 for RV340.

I have received already 3x Netgate firewalls, waiting for Netgear PoE switches to arrive.

Last edited:
There are a couple of eBay, but they are pricey. They want $799 for a RV345P. I think that is more than what they sold for new. It is refurbished which I am not sure what that means. I would be worried. Plus a $100 shipping.

One of the problems with the RV340 family going EoL (and EoS at some point) is that there are small business platforms that have these integrated - mostly for items like points of sale, etc... Not trivial to remove/replace with another model/vendor as some of these integrated payment systems only certify the equipment they install (PCI compliance needed by EMV is an example).

Bit of a paradox in that the security certification could depend on a device that may not have future security issues fixed.

There is one thing I'm wondering about:

The RV340 needs to be registered and activated for its encryption options to become available (export restricted features). The activation (as far as I know) is done by acquiring a security token. Does it's EOL this year mean that Cisco will no longer issue those tokens and that a RV340 cannot be activated after that date (OCT-28-2022)?

Hmm, not really expecting much here, but I came by looking for a place to sell some of my Gen4/5 Unifi/Ubiquiti gear (other posts coming soon), and came across this post.
I've got an old but functional (last time I booted it a few months ago it was fully functional) RV340, that did just fine as our dual-WAN household router for about 2 years (it was more stable than the Unifi I replaced it with, but not always the easiest to config, IMHO).
$200-shipped, obo? Make me an offer I can't refuse, I despise certain auction sites for this kind of thing...
I can send pics if that'd be helpful, although it's nearly-new looking externally, save for a couple of scratches on the top or bottom of the case (the part that sits inside a rack).
Not sure about the registration-security part, as mentioned. I ran a weird git version on mine, because of the fees Cisco charged after the first years...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!