What's new

Looking for advice on coverage for pool and couple of houses

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

svt11

Occasional Visitor
OK, I've posted before. I bought for a place at the seaside Engenius products, but I'm facing now some problem. I'm having limitations on where I can put the AP. The seller said that he's doing surveys with phones and this is the best way to make planning. So, I installed in another hotel EWS310AP and kinda did the expected work. I don't really have experience but I've got CCNA certificate. Best way to place such AP is in the rooms - no way it should be done in the corridor, because of the bathrooms. 2.4GHz on almost every place is good except of couple places. Don't know about 5GHz spectrum, I must check it everywhere and as the seller told me I must adjust the dBms. There are groups of rooms which will need lower dBm, there are groups which will need higher dBm. Somehow I will figure out how to do this at myself. Many walls are concrete with metal. OK, now I need some advice on coverage of 1000-1500 sq.m. On this place (seaside) there is installed Ubiquity Nanostation M2. I'm currently struggling to replace it with Engenius model - EWS660AP which is omnidirectional and EWS860AP which is 3 times expensive that 660 and has sector antenna. Nanostation M2 has dual polarized antenna and has 0.8km range as seen in their menu. OK, Ubiquity AP can't be added to the Engenius controller to make some features like roaming to happen. But I see modes like AP repeater. Ubqty got it's own SSID and Engenius neutron system got another SSID and settings. Question here is how to make them work together? Thank you.

The seller said that he's doing surveys with phones and this is the best way to make planning.

Mobiles do make sense for some network planning - mostly due to lower Tx levels, and some reduced Rx levels - e.g. if it works with a mobile phone, it should work well enough for anything else.

Anyways - if this is a hotel with guests - just sort the 2.4GHz - wide footprint, and service should be good enough - follow the 1/6/11 or 1/4/8/11 plan, and all is right as rain...

Might consider editing the post and breaking things out a bit - it's really dense, and some folks might pass it by - good stuff in there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!