Looking for an 8 port gig switch that runs on 12 volts DC

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

BigBillsd

Occasional Visitor
I have found switches that run on 5v & 9v but have yet to find one that runs on 12v. I am trying to find a couple gig switches that I don't require a buck converter to change my RV's voltage from 12v to some other voltage. I bought one, I thought was 12v but it turned out to be 5 volt. Returning that one. Anyone know of one that runs on 12v volt? I need 8 ports, slightly less or more is ok. Space is at a premium on a Motorhome. Thanks,Bill

Last edited:

BigBillsd

Occasional Visitor

BigBillsd

Occasional Visitor
It worked as the picture showed. 12v and the center was positive like most connectors you can order! Worked so well, I just installed a second one in the rear of the RV. Now to find a 12v AP. My current AP's are 5v so they require a buck converter... one more thing to break.

BigBillsd

Occasional Visitor
Hey, those Netgear GS308 Gig switches just dropped $5 each on Amazon today to $18! Called them and they credited me $10, had to escalate to a supervisor, so made about a $1 a minute. -Bill

PS. Thanks to Slickdeals.net for emailing that to me this afternoon. I wonder how they knew.. spooky.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!