What's new

Skynet Looking for details on the Skynet settings that are off by default (fast switching/IOT blocking) and why

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

applysci

New Around Here
Sorry if this has been asked or explained before but what exactly does "Configure/Disable Fast Malware List Switching" change/effect?

it's disabled by default ** and going with "its not broke so dont fix" route, but very curious.

** IoT blocking is also off by default and curious how skynet decides what is or isnt IoT and how it goes about blocking them.

even in 2023, i love using skynet as an added layer with my pihole+unbound combo with strict harden ipv4/6 support. just looking to improve y comprehension where its needed.

Sorry if this has been asked or explained before but what exactly does "Configure/Disable Fast Malware List Switching" change/effect?

it's disabled by default ** and going with "its not broke so dont fix" route, but very curious.

** IoT blocking is also off by default and curious how skynet decides what is or isnt IoT and how it goes about blocking them.

even in 2023, i love using skynet as an added layer with my pihole+unbound combo with strict harden ipv4/6 support. just looking to improve y comprehension where its needed.
From what I gather, "Fast Switch" allows you to flip back and forth between URL block lists as needed. Also called "wife-mode", to specify a more relaxed filter to allow your wife to shop without getting blocked, and then flipping it back to a more strict filter when done.

IoT Blocking, according to @dave14305 -- "It blocks a user-defined list of local devices by source IP or subnet, so they cannot reach the internet. Exceptions can be made for specific ports like NTP or something else you specify."

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Welcome to the forum.

FYI, Skynet only does its magic on IPv4.