What's new

Looking for Dual band AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vash382

New Around Here
I currently have a DLink DIR-855 Dual Band Router.

The range on it is decent, but doesnt get where I would like it to go, especially on the 5Ghz band.

My whole house is wired with Cat 6, and I would like to plug in an AP on the far side of the house to help increase wireless coverage.

I am looking for a suggestion on a wireless AP that can do simultaneous 2.4Ghz/5Ghz with N support, that would pair nicely with my existing router.

I suppose I could buy a DIR-825 or something like that and disable DHCP on the second device -- but I would really like a dedicated AP if possible.

Any thoughts?

Have you given any thought to DD-WRT www.dd-wrt.com buy a new router and run it as a WiFi relay for your main router? you cant install it on all routers but you can add a relay in not much time and on the cheap.

Sorry, thought I answered this a few days ago. Converting a wireless router to an AP will be less expensive and give you a broader selection of products.

I don't know of any simultaneous dual-band consumer draft 11n APs.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!