What's new

Looking for Help and advice on Drayteks?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yakuzah

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to help.

I am looking at a specific requirement for a small client. They are a software house and have invested in Unifi and a UDM Pro to run their network.

They are based in the UK and have a Full Fibre 900Mbps Dual WAN Setup. The issue is the UDM Pro has a problem with it's PPPoE driver and is unable to perform to the full internet speed. Generally only getting around 650Mbps on both links.

I have taken the liberty of trying some consumer routers on their connections, and devices like Asus perform very well and provide full speed. SO I would like to test a Draytek to see how it performs.

However, I do not want a double-nat issue, as they host Servers on their network.

So I started investigating Draytek Vigors, specifically the '2927' for Dual WAN. The feature I wanted to ask advice on is Bridge mode?

Point 1: In Bridge mode on the Vigors, will the 2927 log in to the UK ISP using PPPoE, and then pass through the public address to a specified LAN port?

Point 2: Or will Bridge mode still require PPPoE from the Unifi device to the Vigor 2927 to recieve the public address?

If Point 1 is the correct solution, how should the Unifi device be configured on it's own WAN interface? DHCP, Static??

Very interested to hear if anyone has used such a solution or knows the correct configuration and function?

Thanks in advance.
Gary