What's new

Looking for recommendation for POE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jhferry

Occasional Visitor
I keep searching reviews but coming up short. Basically, I am looking for something to game with so speed and latency are important. I was looking at options like TP-Link. I am hooking an Xbox One and PS4 Pro to it, I dont mind using a switch if I need to. Thoughts?

I keep searching reviews but coming up short. Basically, I am looking for something to game with so speed and latency are important. I was looking at options like TP-Link. I am hooking an Xbox One and PS4 Pro to it, I dont mind using a switch if I need to. Thoughts?

so lets clear up the heading first , your looking for an EOP ( powerline ) adapter not a POE injector right :)

I am looking for something to game with so speed and latency are important

both will depend on many factors , eg distance from one point to the other , noise on the power lines , even what way the wind is blowing ( joke )

powerline are hit and miss so what ever you do buy them from somewhere you can return then to if not happy

of course you would be far better of using that money to have an ethernet line installed from the router to the needed location but i know thats not always possible

there are other ways to achieve what you are after , eg media bridge router or even the netgear orbi system just depends on where you want to put your money as no single solution suits all

so lets clear up the heading first , your looking for an EOP ( powerline ) adapter not a POE injector right :)

both will depend on many factors , eg distance from one point to the other , noise on the power lines , even what way the wind is blowing ( joke )

powerline are hit and miss so what ever you do buy them from somewhere you can return then to if not happy

of course you would be far better of using that money to have an ethernet line installed from the router to the needed location but i know thats not always possible

there are other ways to achieve what you are after , eg media bridge router or even the netgear orbi system just depends on where you want to put your money as no single solution suits all

Sorry yes, EOP. I am looking at the Netgear 1200, or something with MIMO, etc. I also have Directv and I am looking at DECA since its 100 steady (supposedly)

again all you can do is suck it and see , if it dont work good return it and try something else , there is no way we can guarantee that x device will work on your line conditions