What's new

Looking for RP-AX56 Merlin Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KEMAIN

New Around Here
I have 2 x ASUS RP-AX56 + 1 RT-AX88U devices that I am using in an AIMesh configuration running the latest ASUS firmware.

Overall works pretty well, but was having some stability issues and thought I would try the Merlin firmware.

Upgraded the RT-AX88U with no problems.

However, I was not able to find the Merlin equivalent files for the RP-AX56's.

Are these RP-AX56 devices not supported with Merlin firmware?

Thx in advance,

ok - Thx.

Apologies, but new member question - given how well they seem to work as part of an AIMesh with RT-AX88U's, is there a reason (perhaps legal licensing?) these RP-AX56 devices are not supported with Merlin firmware?

Thx,

Additionally, RMerlin has only ever created firmware for routers. He's never supported range extenders.

is there a reason

Not popular enough. Not a router, but repeater only. Asuswrt-Merlin extra features won't work there.

Asuswrt-Merlin is unlikely to improve Wi-Fi stability. RMerlin can't touch closed source components like Wi-Fi drivers.

I would try AiMesh with stock Asuswrt on your main router. Wireless node discovery doesn't work in Asuswrt-Merlin and may be the reason behind your issues with wireless repeaters in AiMesh configuration. The other option is to run them as repeaters and not AiMesh nodes. The performance is the same.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!