What's new

Lost internet (Comcast was down) all Wifi disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Debu

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

So I have a AC5300 running Merlin 384.13.
It has been very stable and can do anything I need it to do.

Yesterday we lost internet from Comcast Xfinity. I couldn't even log into the router. Wireless or by wire.
It was like it was trying so hard to connect that maybe it was using all the CPU? No wireless devices could connect. I reset my modem. I reset the router. I also connected my Mac directly to the modem and it couldn't get an Ip address from comcast so I know it was on their end. So why would the router disconnect everything and not even allow local traffic to flow?

I've seen this happen in the past but only when for a few minutes when Comcast when down for a short time.
Any thoughts?

Edit: Just wanted to make sure this was clear, I lost my WAN because comcast went down. And all my wifi and wired devices could not connect back to my router.

Last edited:
This sounds like dhcp failure due to wan going down. I've seen this happen, usually requires a reboot(even though internet will still be down).

Hi Swistheater,

I went WAN and set DHCP query frequency to Normal instead of aggressive.
Will this help?

Hi Swistheater,

I went WAN and set DHCP query frequency to Normal instead of aggressive.
Will this help?
it may help only way to know is to test it. Some isp function better with these types of adjustments.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!