What's new

LOST!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SCHNOZ

New Around Here
Hi, I purchased a Netgear Router from Flashrouters 2 Years ago. I was unable to configure the Doggone thing, despite paying for 4 Sessions whereby, the Employee of FR took over my Computer and said: "All Is Good"! after each Session! Well, "All Was NOT Good!". Despite the costly 4 Sessions, my Partner & I were unable to get the Router "Up & Running" with the VPN working. After almost a Year struggling with the Router that I cannot recall it's exact Name, except that it was a Netgear Product, They agreed to take back that Router and sent us a Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC2600 in 2/21. Due to, frankly, trepidation & fear, along with the Pandemic and being busy and avoidance, We finally got around to hooking it up last Week(Last Week of 2021-between X-Mas & New Years). We are having one Heck of a time figuring out how to hook it up properly and are running into so many, Roadblocks and un-answered Queries and Deadends, that I began to wonder if this Router was outdated and just a Router they sent to us due to our complaining and lack of knowledge WRT all of the bizarre(and completely, undefined) "Things"(I am referring to all of the complicated Items in all of the Menu's, etc. In the "Menu" or "Status Pages") ? So, I need help. #1-From my cruising the Internet, it appears that this Router is outdated and I have absolutely no idea how to Download Firmware or Software-if it even is Necessary? I have been to Netgear's Site and other's and keep banging into a solid, Brick wall of NO information! Yes, I am very, very upset about the entire fiasco and have set my Psychoanalysis back 5-7 Years!
Can anyone here tell me if this Router is "Up to date"? Is it worthy? Am I wasting my time with a Future-Un Proof Device?
Thank You Very Kindly, DRM, MD(SCHNOZ)

Hi, I purchased a Netgear Router from Flashrouters 2 Years ago. I was unable to configure the Doggone thing, despite paying for 4 Sessions whereby, the Employee of FR took over my Computer and said: "All Is Good"! after each Session! Well, "All Was NOT Good!". Despite the costly 4 Sessions, my Partner & I were unable to get the Router "Up & Running" with the VPN working. After almost a Year struggling with the Router that I cannot recall it's exact Name, except that it was a Netgear Product, They agreed to take back that Router and sent us a Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC2600 in 2/21. Due to, frankly, trepidation & fear, along with the Pandemic and being busy and avoidance, We finally got around to hooking it up last Week(Last Week of 2021-between X-Mas & New Years). We are having one Heck of a time figuring out how to hook it up properly and are running into so many, Roadblocks and un-answered Queries and Deadends, that I began to wonder if this Router was outdated and just a Router they sent to us due to our complaining and lack of knowledge WRT all of the bizarre(and completely, undefined) "Things"(I am referring to all of the complicated Items in all of the Menu's, etc. In the "Menu" or "Status Pages") ? So, I need help. #1-From my cruising the Internet, it appears that this Router is outdated and I have absolutely no idea how to Download Firmware or Software-if it even is Necessary? I have been to Netgear's Site and other's and keep banging into a solid, Brick wall of NO information! Yes, I am very, very upset about the entire fiasco and have set my Psychoanalysis back 5-7 Years!
Can anyone here tell me if this Router is "Up to date"? Is it worthy? Am I wasting my time with a Future-Un Proof Device?
Thank You Very Kindly, DRM, MD(SCHNOZ)

Buy a well-reviewed router and configure it for use now, not for the future. If you need help, hire a geek to get it done for you.

I would not patronize FlashRouters.com... they seem like an unnecessary reseller.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!