1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Luma Now Shipping, Coming To Best Buy

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by thiggins, Jun 16, 2016.

1. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

Not satisfied to let eero have all the shelf space to itself, "surround" Wi-Fi maker Luma today announced it's now available for general purchase and will be coming to Best Buy stores in July.
    [​IMG]
    eero had previously announced its own deal with Best Buy, but was fuzzier on when it would be in stores, saying only "this summer".

Luma is shaping up to be a serious contender for eero, given its backing from Amazon. Both products are now available from both retailers (Luma for pre-order only, however). But with money riding on Luma, Amazon could provide additional sales oomph by featuring it prominently on its site.

Luma still lags eero on availability, shipping only to pre-order customers. SmallNetBuilder is one of those, and we've yet to receive our three pack. Amazon has both the single and three-pack Luma SKUs up for pre-order, with no indication on when shipment will be.

Luma continues to be more aggressive then eero on price, with a single Luma at $150 vs. $200 and three-pack for $400 vs. $500.

2. awraynor

awraynor Occasional Visitor

I had 6 Luma devices ordered and cancelled after they shipped to Best Buy before me. Numerous broken
    promises and lack of promised features. I wish them well, but using 3 Eero devices now.

3. rgreenpc

rgreenpc New Around Here

I am hopeful eero writeuos out its supply chain issues.

I really want them to succeed as competition generally spurs innovation.