What's new

Mac filter on XT8 mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

macoloco

Occasional Visitor
i have a mesh network with 2 XT8 (one router and one node). I have been testing a lot of settings trying to tweak the best performance/stability. To make roaming to work seamlessly i have to put signal strengh down..on good or balance. With Performance mode, sometimes devices doesnt disconnect from main router even they are close to the node....a lot of rebooting trying to nail this....

But my main problem was and is nowadays to make "mac filtering" working well.....i have always mac filter all my previous wifi setups at home...never had a problem. The last setup before buying Asus XT8 was with to old ISP routers working as AP (same SSID, same channel, same password)...it works even perfectly (not a mesh but most likely)
With XT8 i have been in trouble witn mac filtering. I have disconnects and devices refused to connect ....it seems that router connects with devices on mac filter list (allow) but when a devices roams to the node someting is broken....and starts to disconnecting....

have anyone this issue ??