What's new

MacBook 2.4 GHz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lfbb

Regular Contributor
Hi,

My brother updated recently his MacBook to Snow Leopard and the 2.4 GHz frequency started to perform poorly. The 5 GHz works at full speed (30 Mb/s) but the 2.4 GHz doesn't pass 15/16 Mb/s. Could this be a software problem, i.e., the Snow Leopard update broke something?

Thanks

Someone on a different forum said he had some wifi dropouts when he upgraded to Merlin .270.26b, so he reverted back to what he had been using merrily, Merlin .266.23b

Personally I haven't had any problems with 270.26b. I'm using Mountain Lion though on my Macbook.

I use MacBook Pro 2009 on Mountin Lion, but havent tried 2.4 as 5Ghz is working totally fine, even through 2 floors.

Firmware 270.26

I've tried with several Merlin builds and with Asus firmware too and the problem persists. It's definitely a MacBook issue. Damn, gonna 'Google' for a while...

Try disabling b/g protection... that helped with some of my iDevices. I only use the 5 GHz radio on my MBP.