What's new

Main page issue..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WillUK2010

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys,

got a strange one here, got my N66U delivered friday, and went straight to Merlins latest build..

But something strange is happening, the main index page doesnt display properly.

ScreenShot2012-09-02at110931-1.png

If i reboot, it displays properly for maybe a few attempts, then it stops displaying properly!

I just reflashed, using the new openvpn version, same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Regards
Will

That usually mean you have a device on your network that's returning garbled output when networkmap tries to identify available network devices and services.

Open your browser Javascript console, and post any JS error message there. That will confirm if it's indeed the networkmap or something else causing the issue.

To determine which device is causing it, turn off all your network devices (including smartphones or tablets, or at least turn off their wifi), then reboot the router. Once it's working, turn on one device at a time, checking after a minute or two if the router's webpage still comes up normally, until you track down the device causing it.

That usually mean you have a device on your network that's returning garbled output when networkmap tries to identify available network devices and services.

Open your browser Javascript console, and post any JS error message there. That will confirm if it's indeed the networkmap or something else causing the issue.

To determine which device is causing it, turn off all your network devices (including smartphones or tablets, or at least turn off their wifi), then reboot the router. Once it's working, turn on one device at a time, checking after a minute or two if the router's webpage still comes up normally, until you track down the device causing it.

THanks RMerlin, ill give this a go.

heres the output of the Java Console on Chrome.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier index.asp:94
Uncaught ReferenceError: flag is not defined index.asp:699
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Window] has no method 'show_middle_status' router.asp:95

Cheers,
Will

THanks RMerlin, ill give this a go.

heres the output of the Java Console on Chrome.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier index.asp:94
Uncaught ReferenceError: flag is not defined index.asp:699
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Window] has no method 'show_middle_status' router.asp:95

Cheers,
Will

Yep, that's the networkmap alright.

Can you view the source of the page, and repost (or PM me if it contains sensitive MAC addresses) what's on line 94 and just below? The line should start with "var client_list_array =". I'm interested in the data it puts right after that.

Can you view the source of the page, and repost (or PM me if it contains sensitive MAC addresses) what's on line 94 and just below? The line should start with "var client_list_array =". I'm interested in the data it puts right after that.

PM'd you line 94 bud,

Cheers.

Hey man,

Looks like its what i said in PM, my macbook pro's NETBIOS name was, "Will's MBP"... removing the ' fixed it!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction man... ;)

Will

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!