What's new

Main Router Page Refresh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New Around Here
Hoping some of the folks here can give some advice on something that is occurring with my router. Whenever viewing the default page of my router, which is the Network Map page, my browser will constantly refresh every few seconds. When clicking "View List" under Clients, I don't have enough time really look at them as the page will refresh. It only happens on the Network Map page, all others don't do it. My router is an RT-AX88U, although I had the same issue on my previous AC88U, which eventually I had to replace because the 2.4 GHZ band went out.

As far as troubleshooting, I have completely reset the router to factory. The issue is present before doing any additional configuration other than giving it an SSID name.

I have also checked multiple browsers including Chrome, FireFox, Edge, and Internet Explorer, on multiple different machines, including making sure I had no extensions/plugins running. On one computer, I even downloaded FireFox and Chrome fresh for the first time, and immediately went to the router login, so there is no browsing cache or plugins involved here. In all cases the refreshing occurs.

It is not consistent in how fast it refreshes. Sometimes it'll refresh every 1-2 seconds, sometimes it'll go 20-30 seconds without refreshing. At times it even seems as though the issue goes away, and the issue definitely seems worse after a router restart, with sometimes constant refreshes every second, before it "stabilizes" to every few seconds.

My firmware is the latest, 3.0.0.4.386.44266

Hoping someone has a solution here other than "welcome to ASUS routers" as seems could be the case here.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I’m new to mesh systems. So all this is new to me. I have the The ZenWiFi AX or XT8. I guess is two AX6600’s.
i figured if not exactly the same. The router page we see is very similar in your routers page and mine.
The same refreshing happens with mine. And I was also wondering if is normal. One thing I did noticed. Is that the things that move around. Are the mobile devices. Like for example the 3 iPhones in the household keep jumping back and forward in the list. With the older model been more active. For example an iPhone 8 moves about every 10 to 20 seconds. An iPhone XS moves less often and the iPhone 12. Moves even less. But things that are static. Like the printer, the security system. Including cameras, sensors, etc. Show connections that are hours long. Same thing with a smart lock I installed only a day ago. The time connected is pretty much since I installed it. And that was about 24 hours ago.
last time I was looking at this was this morning around 4:30am. So the phones ware not physically moving around.
like to say. Maybe they ware moving from router to node and back.

hopefully someone here knows.