What's new

MAP-T support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gxcare

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
here in Italy we have an ISP that is starting to use MAP-T for the WAN connection. It is currently supported by OpenWRT.
Are you aware of any plans to support this protocol? Does this need support by the ASUS FW for being available with Merlin?
Thank you.

Not from me. I don't do ISP-specific features.

Hello,
here in Italy we have an ISP that is starting to use MAP-T for the WAN connection. It is currently supported by OpenWRT.
Are you aware of any plans to support this protocol? Does this need support by the ASUS FW for being available with Merlin?
Thank you.

Should be transparent, just make sure that IPv6 is enabled and configured properly.

Any support that would be needed here should come from Asus directly, IMHO, as this would impact any of their products..

Should be transparent, just make sure that IPv6 is enabled and configured properly.

Any support that would be needed here should come from Asus directly, IMHO, as this would impact any of their products..
Probably it will work if I use only IPv6, but then I will not be able of use IPv4 due to the lack of the dual stack.
In any case I imagine that ISPs will more and more move in the direction of using MAP with IPv6-only networks as this simplifies their network architecture. It would be nice to have then MAP support on ASUS devices.

Probably it will work if I use only IPv6, but then I will not be able of use IPv4 due to the lack of the dual stack.
In any case I imagine that ISPs will more and more move in the direction of using MAP with IPv6-only networks as this simplifies their network architecture. It would be nice to have then MAP support on ASUS devices.

IIRC, AsusWRT is dual-stacked...

Client devices might not be, but the router should definitely be.