What's new

Mapped drives won't reconnect after restart?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ingeborgdot

Regular Contributor
I have checked the box to reconnect after restart but my mapped drives to my NAS won't reconnect after I restart my computer. They will reconnect after I click on them which only takes a couple of minutes but for some reason they won't do it after a restart. Has anyone else ever had this issue? Thanks.

I have checked the box to reconnect after restart but my mapped drives to my NAS won't reconnect after I restart my computer. They will reconnect after I click on them which only takes a couple of minutes but for some reason they won't do it after a restart. Has anyone else ever had this issue? Thanks.

Maybe some additional info would be handy, which OS on your computer? How have you configured your shares in your NAS (SMB, AFP,..?)

If you're using Windows 10 there are issues affecting auto connect and persistent connections.