What's new

Massive Issues with Ping Spikes, 2 Different Connections 2 Different Routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jai Haze

New Around Here
Ok here goes, I have been suffering with some of the largest ping spikes on 2 different wifi networks. I have fiber with mesh enabled (its wired so its basically not mesh) throughout the house. I have to have this many as a lot of things lose connection all the time. However, when on wifi and gaming on an ipad (ethernet is not an option, because i use the usb c for data out) I get terrible lag spikes. They happen every 20 seconds up to 2 minutes. I have tried disabling mu-mimo, beamforming and basically even turning off smart connect and running a special connection (guest just for dedicated connection) and all fail. I would think its the router, but then I try a cable connection on the netgear orbi and same thing. So I am at a loss as to what the problem is. Unless netgear and asus is manufactured by the same company, I cant keep buying different set ups. My ping plotter looks really bad regardless of which router I connect to. I have bound the ipad to a router that is 2 feet away from me so its not that causing it. I get bad ping spikes when I open up a phone or something that tries to connect to that wifi, WHY? I get the congestion but how do i stop it? On the 2nd one it just random spikes out of no where and I have even disabled 2.4ghz and there is only ONE connection. This makes me believe its something in the room right? Nope. If I go to one of the other rooms which has a great signal and great pings, it still gets spikes randomly with other routers.

Please help, again 2 different connections 2 different modems and routers

This is the Fiber Pingplotter Report: https://share.getcloudapp.com/v1uQm8ym
This is the Netgear Orbi Cable Connection Report: https://share.getcloudapp.com/GGuzAw0Q

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.34.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.34.29 PM.png
    90 KB · Views: 77

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!