What's new

Massive upload usage: let's encrypt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jyavenard

Occasional Visitor
Hi.

I noticed a massive amount of upload from my server; over 10GB per day, more so than my download.

Going into the Traffic Analyser, it shows that the data comes from one machine, and the trafficis tagged as "Lets Encrypt"

Which IP address is the traffic analyser using to determine that this traffic goes to Lets Encrypt services?

I find this highly unlikely, and probable mis-reporting it.

I'd still like to stop this.

TIA

Hi.

I noticed a massive amount of upload from my server; over 10GB per day, more so than my download.

Going into the Traffic Analyser, it shows that the data comes from one machine, and the trafficis tagged as "Lets Encrypt"

Which IP address is the traffic analyser using to determine that this traffic goes to Lets Encrypt services?

I find this highly unlikely, and probable mis-reporting it.

I'd still like to stop this.

TIA

Use Menu > System Log > Connections to identify the suspected machine connections. Then use Nestat on this particular machine to identify process that use the connection.

Use Menu > System Log > Connections to identify the suspected machine connections. Then use Nestat on this particular machine to identify process that use the connection.
The traffic analyser already showed me which machine was uploading like crazy ; but couldn't see anything obvious there.

wondering why the asus would think it's lets encrypt nonetheless.

The traffic analyser already showed me which machine was uploading like crazy ; but couldn't see anything obvious there.

wondering why the asus would think it's lets encrypt nonetheless.

Then go to this machne and run nestat to see the connections it initiated.