What's new

Max throughput of 433 mbps Link rate... Achieving 330 mbps..Can we close the gap furthermore?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sachb

Hello guys, my max throughput on my Laptop on an AC wifi which is connected to a D-LINK 882 router is 330 mbps (40-41 mbps), is it possible to close the gap and achieve 383 mbps.

I for the fact know that 433 mbps is only the link rate, and that includes overheads, interference etc, but is it possible to achieve much closer to the actual link speed like 360- 380 mbps?

Here's my config:

Intel i7 Asus (windows 10) All drivers updated & also windows updated to latest.
D-link 882 which is running on latest firmware as of now (1.20)

Wifi Card: Intel AC 9461

Screenshot:

433 mbps MAX.jpg

Here's my Link Speed:

Link Speed.jpg

It looks like you are doing pretty good with what you have. A quick and dirty close formula is to multiply your MB/s rate by 8 and that will give you the approximate Mb/s rate. So you are getting around 328.8 Mb/s download rate according to your post.

MB/s = megabytes
Mb/s = megabits

I don't know what software you are using for the test but most Windows applications report MB/s as base 1024. So converting it to base 1000 that the link rate uses would result in 346 Mbps.

I don't know what software you are using for the test but most Windows applications report MB/s as base 1024. So converting it to base 1000 that the link rate uses would result in 346 Mbps.
It's bitcomet 64 bit, with upnp port configuration.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I think you really need to ask yourself whether it actually matters.

You have great speed and throughput consider 433 link rate - be happy and focus on more important stuff :)

So I decided to Re-Test with Anti-Virus off, & it did bring up the speeds to 45-46 MB/sec which is roughly 364- 368 mbps. I also prioritized Bitcomet.exe through task manager in Real Time mode, previously it was in normal mode.

I thought 4x4 Router on 1x1 client will bring the speeds closer to Link speed and solve the problem of half duplex, maybe my expectations were super high.

My Internet package is 500 mbps, btw.

433 mbps Disabling Anti Virus MCAFEE.jpg

Max real-world throughput for that 9461 is going to be roughly what you're seeing, and not much more.

If you really want more speed for the laptop, the only appreciable jump is going to be a hardware upgrade, if possible, by adding an additional antenna and a 2x2 Intel card, such as an AC 9560.

Last edited:
Agree with everyone above, no more gap to close. :)

The workarounds you have made are not worth the incremental increase, IMO.

So I decided to Re-Test with Anti-Virus off, & it did bring up the speeds to 45-46 MB/sec which is roughly 364- 368 mbps. I also prioritized Bitcomet.exe through task manager in Real Time mode, previously it was in normal mode.

I thought 4x4 Router on 1x1 client will bring the speeds closer to Link speed and solve the problem of half duplex, maybe my expectations were super high.

My Internet package is 500 mbps, btw.

View attachment 22899

That is 85% efficiency. Typical range of WIFI efficiency as you probably know is 50-70% so that’s really impressive.

That is 85% efficiency. Typical range of WIFI efficiency as you probably know is 50-70% so that’s really impressive.
Oh, thanx for the info.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk