What's new

spdMerlin MD5 hash doesn't match for Jack Yaz scripts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

M

MvW

I downloaded 5 updates for @Jack Yaz his scripts (j1 through j5) and noticed in green the following:

MD5 HASH.jpg

Is this to indicate that the installed version is not the most actual version, or is there something wrong with the integrity of the downloads? I have the same remark with all 5 available updates, connmon v2.8.3, ntpMerlin v3.2.0, scMerlin v2.1.0, SpdMerlin v4.1.1 and uiDivStats v2.3.0.

Do I have anything to worry about?

Best regards,
Marco

I downloaded 5 updates for @Jack Yaz his scripts (j1 through j5) and noticed in green the following:

View attachment 30135

Is this to indicate that the installed version is not the most actual version, or is there something wrong with the integrity of the downloads? I have the same remark with all 5 available updates, connmon v2.8.3, ntpMerlin v3.2.0, scMerlin v2.1.0, SpdMerlin v4.1.1 and uiDivStats v2.3.0.

Best regards,
Marco
Yesterday I found some minor updates for connmon, ntpMerlin, scMerlin and uiDivstats. After the update ... no one of these scripts were working properly.

-connmon wasn’t doing the automatic ping tests. So the table was not being updated every 3 min with the results
- ntpMerlin was not updating the graphs.
-scMerling was not refreshing the table with the processes running
- uiDivstats was not refreshing the stats and graphs.

Everything stopped at the time I updated. All the graphs and tables were showing the last timeline (7p.m.). That was more or less when I updated all these scripts.

I checked Skynet and it was working but It showed that Cron failed.

So the only way to back to normal was to force the update for all these scripts (uf).

After forcing the updates ... all the scripts started refreshing tables and graphs.

Today I saw that ntpMerlin was not redirecting all the ntp traffic. So I disabled this option and then I enabled it again, and now It seems It’s working again, because I have more devices shown when I am looking “chronyc clients”

View attachment 30135

Best regards,
Marco
Hotfixes. In particular changing from 10 to 20 webui mount points.

Yesterday I found some minor updates for connmon, ntpMerlin, scMerlin and uiDivstats. After the update ... no one of these scripts were working properly.

-connmon wasn’t doing the automatic ping tests. So the table was not being updated every 3 min with the results
- ntpMerlin was not updating the graphs.
-scMerling was not refreshing the table with the processes running
- uiDivstats was not refreshing the stats and graphs.

Everything stopped at the time I updated. All the graphs and tables were showing the last timeline (7p.m.). That was more or less when I updated all these scripts.

I checked Skynet and it was working but It showed that Cron failed.

So the only way to back to normal was to force the update for all these scripts (uf).

After forcing the updates ... all the scripts started refreshing tables and graphs.

Today I saw that ntpMerlin was not redirecting all the ntp traffic. So I disabled this option and then I enabled it again, and now It seems It’s working again, because I have more devices shown when I am looking “chronyc clients”
Tbh sounds like your usb might be failing. The only change was the number of mounts for the WebUI, check github. There was 0 change to the script behaviours otherwise.

@MvW you're misunderstanding, correctly. :)

The message below is stating that the MD5 hash of spdMerlin on GitHub doesn't match what is installed on your router. That is why it needs to update.

md5-hash-jpg.30135

The 'min' update that amtm indicates is because the version number didn't change. A hotfix doesn't necessitate a version change for many scripts here.

Does that explain it fully/completely, enough?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!