Media player for MKV files?

iamtammi

New Around Here
I have my PC hooked up to my receiver via HDMI to watch movies on my big tv, but when using VLC player the video plays a bit choppy/jerky, usually noticeable when there's movement or panning onscreen. Just wondering if there's a much better option than this, which will play the files perfectly smooth like you'd get on a Bluray player?

Shah Saad

Occasional Visitor
I have my PC hooked up to my receiver via HDMI to watch movies on my big tv, but when using VLC player the video plays a bit choppy/jerky, usually noticeable when there's movement or panning onscreen. Just wondering if there's a much better option than this, which will play the files perfectly smooth like you'd get on a Bluray player?
Are the MKV clips playing normal (without choppy/jerky) on your PC? I mean on the motinor/LCD/LED attached with the PC.

Dave Parker

Could you give a little more I formation on your pc? Laptop or desktop? Are you using a GPU? Also how old is your HDMI cablecable? Is it 2.1 compliant? I recently purchased a new 55 inch 4K tv and I find that I'm pushing my 7 year old MSI graphics card to the limit. I replaced my old HDMI cables with Amazon Basic cables that are 2.1 compliant. They are not expensive and it may make a difference. I regularly use VLC and have no problems with any video format. But if you are moving up to 4K, every link in the chain becomes a bit more important.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!