What's new

Medical Device sending info to facebook?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spm301

New Around Here
I have router RT-AC68U, and under "Traffic Analyzer - Statistic" I find my medical device upload/download history. (Device needs to be connected to internet for insurance purposes). But, the graph seems to indicate data was sent to facebook? And Sony PlayStation?

Am I reading this correctly?

imglink (https://i.imgur.com/l6WGkVK.png)
l6WGkVK.png

According to the drop down on the right you are looking at all clients Monthly view.

You need to select the device in that dropdown to see what that device is using.

Capture.JPG

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate your insight! I believe that 'All Clients' was listed in error (lack of refresh) and the router was depicting the traffic from the medical equipment. Attached please find another image to collaborate that I am indeed looking at traffic from the medical equipment. As a precaution, I cycled through all clients to ensure the graph was linked to the medical equipment and at this point I feel confident it is representing the equipment. I do have a sony playstation and I do have devices on the network that connect to facebook. I'm confused that sony playstation would be listed....its not as if the equipment would randomly send data to sony (why not xbox or nintendo)? I don't know enough about routers to determine if this is an error reported by the device or if the data is solid. The graphs from the other clients seemed to accurately represent the traffic I would expect to see (sony playstation, cell phone, computer, laptop, etc...). thank you!
uHj2MUw.png

Attached please find images for both weekly, and daily statistics. I have been told the device attempts to connect to the server once daily. Thank You!

9c3znza.png

Try selecting date (last date) and device to see if this was a one time event.

You can click in where it has the date and a Calendar will appear.

Could be it is a fluke made by the router and it really did not happen through that device.

But ya I would check out different dates and see if it happens all the time or if this was a one time event.

Thank you for the update. I've been monitoring the traffic from the medical device over the past few days and haven't seen it connect to facebook; however, everyday it has 'Sony Playstation' listed as an app that sending/receiving data. As mentioned, I do have a Sony Playstation on the network so is it possible that the router is confusing the two...or somehow the Playstation is interacting with the medical device? Or the device is sending information to a Sony Playstation server...I'm not sure how to interpret this or what it means when i see "Sony Playstation" listed under the medical device. What do you think?

tzS8PTL.png

Thank you for the update. I've been monitoring the traffic from the medical device over the past few days and haven't seen it connect to facebook; however, everyday it has 'Sony Playstation' listed as an app that sending/receiving data. As mentioned, I do have a Sony Playstation on the network so is it possible that the router is confusing the two...or somehow the Playstation is interacting with the medical device? Or the device is sending information to a Sony Playstation server...I'm not sure how to interpret this or what it means when i see "Sony Playstation" listed under the medical device. What do you think?

tzS8PTL.png

Unplug the Sony Playstation and see what happens.

OE

I have router RT-AC68U, and under "Traffic Analyzer - Statistic" I find my medical device upload/download history. (Device needs to be connected to internet for insurance purposes). But, the graph seems to indicate data was sent to facebook? And Sony PlayStation?

Device Manager and Traffic Analyzer have been a bit borked over time - it's trying to classify traffic, and does a best fit for what it knows... Your med device is likely something it doesn't know about...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!