What's new

Member support for SNB?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SparksPA

New Around Here
I am a very active member of another (non-network/ non-computer related) site. Although the subject is entirely different it is otherwise very similar to SNB. A bunch of really good people, a core of amazing long time members, a staff of overpaid (NOT!) moderators and Admin, and, of course, the usual mix of twitts just to keep things interesting. When I am in need of equipment or supplies, I try to click-through and purchase from a sponsor whenever it is possible so that their cash register rings up a few pennies for the site. I think that is the least that I can do to help support the site that has provided so much to me over the years. It does help to keep the lights on etc..

I have a short list of equipment and supplies, such as a managed switch, rack, patch panel, bulk cables, jacks, etc., so I would like to do the same thing here if possible. I don't see a sponsor page or many links to vendors or suppliers though. I do see an add for Yuengling Traditional Lager (my favorite!) on the home page but I am way ahead of you there. I already have a couple of cases on hand but I will do my best to consume some more. I promise.

So, if someone can point this newbie in the right direction to find sponsors of this site I will do my best to do business with them. I believe that is the least thing that any member can do here too.

AFAIK, the only referral that might give some money back in @thiggins pockets is the Amazon link. I'm not aware of any other "partership" SNB might have with other resellers/suppliers.

Hi Sparks.
As Merlin said, Amazon is the only vendor affiliation SNBForums has. Click on any of the Amazon ad links and we'll get credit for whatever you buy during that browser session.

Thanks for your consideration!

OK, will do.

I see adds for B&H tonight. Another good company that I do business with. But what happened to the Yuengling adds? I am starting to run low on inventory. Just kidding of course. Maybe those are Google adds. Hopefully you get a little something for a click-through.

I recognize that I am way too green and waaayyyyy too new to be sticking my nose into such matters here so I am quite content to simply do my part by clicking through to Amazon as you suggested.

Thanks!

Hi Sparks.
As Merlin said, Amazon is the only vendor affiliation SNBForums has. Click on any of the Amazon ad links and we'll get credit for whatever you buy during that browser session.

Thanks for your consideration!

I assume this is only valid for amazon.com, and won't work for regional sites, such as amazon.ca?

I assume this is only valid for amazon.com, and won't work for regional sites, such as amazon.ca?
We are also an Amazon.ca affiliate. But the SNBFORUMS links are coded for U.S.

We are also an Amazon.ca affiliate. But the SNBFORUMS links are coded for U.S.

Good to know, thanks. I don't often order from Amazon (I'm more an NCIX customer), but I'll keep it in mind next time I hit Amazon. I was wondering about it when I ordered new speakers from Amazon last year.

I assume I just have to reuse your affiliate code in the URL, and switch the .com TLD with .ca?

I think that's basically it. I have to check.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!