What's new

Memory leak ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Palanivelrajan

New Around Here
I am having RT- AC88u. Once in a while my router stops accepting new devices and becomes sluggish. So I decided to monitor it's usage using grafana. I am using node_explorer, Prometheus and grafana to monitor the router .

What I noticed was , the memory usage of the router starts to grow over time . It stayed at around 94% and eventually gave up last night. Check the graph below

If u zoom the graph, u will see that the router stopped responding after midnight today and did not publish any stats. I had to restart it today morning and then it went back to normal again.

Is this normal ? Should I do a auto restart to avoid this problem in the future?

541b124a9eb389f3b18b1135b5d7f146.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am having RT- AC88u. Once in a while my router stops accepting new devices and becomes sluggish. So I decided to monitor it's usage using grafana. I am using node_explorer, Prometheus and grafana to monitor the router .

What I noticed was , the memory usage of the router starts to grow over time . It stayed at around 94% and eventually gave up last night. Check the graph below

If u zoom the graph, u will see that the router stopped responding after midnight today and did not publish any stats. I had to restart it today morning and then it went back to normal again.

Is this normal ? Should I do a auto restart to avoid this problem in the future?

541b124a9eb389f3b18b1135b5d7f146.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
What firmware you running have you done a factory reset recently if not updating/reset could help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Try disabling any third party scripts (like ad-blockers, etc.) and to see if one of them is the cause.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!