What's new

Merge two different IP ranges

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JDV

New Around Here
Hi,
I have limited knowledge about routers. I have a router from my ISP (KPN Netherlands) handing out IP's 192.168.2.0 and I connected a Asus RT-AX88u handing out 192.168.178.0. I want to be able to merge the ranges so devices in either range can communicate with each other, is this possible? I tried to get rid of the KPN router and only use the Asus but I was not successful in that. I could get the internet to work but not my IPTV. please give a detailed explanation because answers like I've read on other forums like setup a vlan or setup a route is not enough. I don't know how to do that. Hopefully someone wants to spend time on this. If someone has KPN with IPTV working without the KPN router that is also fine (even better).

Hi,
I have limited knowledge about routers. I have a router from my ISP (KPN Netherlands) handing out IP's 192.168.2.0 and I connected a Asus RT-AX88u handing out 192.168.178.0. I want to be able to merge the ranges so devices in either range can communicate with each other, is this possible? I tried to get rid of the KPN router and only use the Asus but I was not successful in that. I could get the internet to work but not my IPTV. please give a detailed explanation because answers like I've read on other forums like setup a vlan or setup a route is not enough. I don't know how to do that. Hopefully someone wants to spend time on this. If someone has KPN with IPTV working without the KPN router that is also fine (even better).
The only way to make both devices part of the same network would be to change the Operation Mode of the Asus from Wireless router mode to Access Point(AP) mode. But in AP mode you loose a lot of the features of the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!