Merlin 384.14_2 - wireless clients labeled as wired?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

tmurray4192

New Around Here
Under GENERAL, VIEW LIST, some of my wireless clients are labeled wired (RJ45 icon) under the INTERFACE heading. I am using two RT-AC 3100. R1 is operation mode Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default). R2 is operational mode Access Point(AP) mode / AiMesh Router in AP mode. I do have an ethernet backhaul between them. The SIDDs in R1 and R2 are identical. When using native ASUS firmware I did not experience this issue. I will mention besides this issue everything seems to working just fine. Only when testing different changes to the setup does it get a bit confusing. Thanks in advance.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
This has been reported many times before. The Network Map is closed source so there's nothing Merlin can do about it.

C

COBOL-Coder

Riding on your coat tails, I've noticed this same thing for a long time now. As an example, currently, my RING (WIFI) device reports as wired, a ROKU TV (WIFI) reports as wired, etc... For further clarification these stats were gathered from an Android 9 (Pie) Samsung tablet with the ASUS Router App. I'm utilizing an RT-AC5300 with Merlin 384.14_2

EventPhotoMan

Very Senior Member
Under GENERAL, VIEW LIST, some of my wireless clients are labeled wired (RJ45 icon) under the INTERFACE heading. I am using two RT-AC 3100. R1 is operation mode Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default). R2 is operational mode Access Point(AP) mode / AiMesh Router in AP mode. I do have an ethernet backhaul between them. The SIDDs in R1 and R2 are identical. When using native ASUS firmware I did not experience this issue. I will mention besides this issue everything seems to working just fine. Only when testing different changes to the setup does it get a bit confusing. Thanks in advance.
Just to add thou, devices connected to and access point will show up in the main router/gateway as wired, because they are perceived as coming from the access point via Ethernet.

EventPhotoMan

Very Senior Member
Just to add thou, devices connected to and access point will show up in the main router/gateway as wired, because they are perceived as coming from the access point via Ethernet.
So in my case, If I was to know which access point if connected to, I have to log into each acess point and see which on shows as being wirelessly connected.

EventPhotoMan

Very Senior Member
I'm resurrecting this issue with Asus. My list of clients on the firmware is not stable.

Network map is a closed source; I'm assuming still?

My issues with the bridge mode case N190229650/118264 have been addresses. It nice to have a stable bridge; 14 days not and still going.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!