What's new

Merlin 384.18

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tommy Grace

Regular Contributor
Hey guys

Anybody else using this yet? Seems stable but on mine it no longer measure upload bandwidth properly. Might not be Merlin, might be the stock code etc. It also doesn't show the units on the scales. Download seems to work fine. Anybody else have the same issue?

upload_2020-7-2_12-41-56.png

Hey guys

Anybody else using this yet? Seems stable but on mine it no longer measure upload bandwidth properly. Might not be Merlin, might be the stock code etc. It also doesn't show the units on the scales. Download seems to work fine. Anybody else have the same issue?

View attachment 24458

Yep..issue is with stock code as mine exhibiting same behavior on AC86U

Works fine for me.

Reactions: a5m
Mine also works..he's referring to no numbers appearing on the scale where the lines are

The way his post is worded he seems to have two complains it not working and the scaling.

For me both work.

Reactions: a5m
Mine also works..he's referring to no numbers appearing on the scale where the lines are
No i am having 2 issues. No numbers on the scale and it doesn't read the upload. Stays around 0.1Kb/s all the time. Must be a GUI thing as the iOS app works and measures the upload fine.

Not much to be honest. Other than changing the "Scale" and "Show by" parameters. I also disabled and re-enabled "Apps Analysis".

Any Reboots?

Also what about turning QOS on and off or vice versa.

Why not just advise instead of being arsey about it?
Sorry about your feeling. That was not my intention. But I do believe that it is much better to have all issues about 384.18 discussed in one single place.

Sorry about your feeling. That was not my intention. But I do believe that it is much better to have all issues about 384.18 discussed in one single place.
Fair enough, maybe it’s the way I read it. I hadn’t seen the other thread before so happy for it to be moved.

Fair enough, maybe it’s the way I read it. I hadn’t seen the other thread before so happy for it to be moved.

@RMerlin can move it if decided feasible. BTW on my AX88U I have similar but not the same problem. The large "speedometer" (total upload) in the upper part of the page shows upload speeds correctly. But "by client" measurement below is totally wrong. Currently my file server is uploading torrent data with approximately 240 kB/s (1920 kbit/s), indicated by Transmission Remote GUI. The large "speedometer" shows 0.02 from 100 Mbit/s, which is almost correct. But the small one for my file server shows about 14 kbit/s, which is far from the truth. Currently the file server is the only device in my LAN that uploads significant amount of data. Really weird ....
Screenshot_2020-07-02 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX88U - WAN LAN Bandwidth Monitor.png

I have a twitch stream open and my numbers are accurate.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!