What's new

merlin 384_6 Internet Status Disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dgs2001

New Around Here
Good Afternoon,

I have been using Merlin for a while now. I have a draytek vigor 130 modem coupled with a asus AC68U router.

Up until yesterday I was on firmware 384_5 which worked great.

Today I have made many attempts to upgrade to 384_6 but am unable to establish a connection to the net.

I have tried doing a complete reset and still the same outcome, looking at the Network Map, I get "Internet Status DISCONNECTED" at the top, whenever I use firmware 384_6

Roll back to firmware 384_5 and all is ok again.

I've been through the settings and all appears correct, has anyone else had trouble with 384_6 ??

It would be most appreciated if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Good Afternoon,

I have been using Merlin for a while now. I have a draytek vigor 130 modem coupled with a asus AC68U router.

Today I have made many attempts to upgrade to 384_6 but am unable to establish a connection to the net.

I have tried doing a complete reset and still the same outcome, looking at the Network Map, I get "Internet Status DISCONNECTED" at the top, whenever I use firmware 384_6

I've been through the settings and all appears correct, has anyone else had trouble with 384_6 ??

Thanks
Try flashing to the alpha build of 384.7. You can find it in the "Test Builds" folder. Try this link it should land in the "Test Builds" folder. https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AGY2taGX02nVmWA&id=CCE5625ED3599CE0!1427&cid=CCE5625ED3599CE0

Good Afternoon,

Thanks

Do you have DNSSEC selected - try deselecting this,

Thanks all. Tried the alpha but same result.

Just going to do a full reset and start again from scratch.

My next question is do I need dnssec or rebound protection?

Thanks

Ok Thanks to the above posters who pointed me in the right direction.

I had/have DNS issues!

Its a bit above my head but I seem now to be only able to connect if I manually add DNS serves to the wan page.

In order to understand why can somebody please explain the following settings. Also please note I'm trying to use vpn dns on two devices, while the others benefit from using BT dns and the content filtering it has built in.

So in Advanced WAN settings if I leave "Connect to DNS Server Automatically" set to yes I cannot connect to the internet. If I set this to no and add the vpn dns then I connect, but all devices are using the VPN DNS which is not the desired behaviour.

Currently in the LAN "DNS and WINS Server Setting" page I have no DNS servers entered, with advertise routers IP set to NO, Forward local domain queries set to NO, Enable DNSSEC support set to YES, Enable DNS rebind protection set to YES.

I then have two devices which run through a vpn, according to IPLEAK they are set up correctly with DNS routing to the same VPN server address.

Hope that makes sense and somebody can help teach me!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!