What's new

Merlin 386.5_2 WAN to LAN speed slow - RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whhaatt

Occasional Visitor
I have just switched over to FTTP and also configured the router to use the WAN port.

All has been working well for the last few days, however from today, my LAN speeds are slow / inconsistent.

I have done a WAN speed test from the router UI, and the speeds are exactly as expected (500mbps ...)

1655714764986.png

However when I do similar tests on connected clients on the LAN, the speeds never really go above 110Mbps, (very rarely they may). This issue is the same on WIFI and Wired connections.

Is there an issue with WAN to LAN pass through?

I also have 2x VPNs setup and working via Director, however this should not be the issue as the speeds tests before this issue on the VPN connections were also very good (400Mbps+).

Any ideas?

I also have 2x VPNs setup and working via Director, however this should not be the issue as the speeds tests before this issue on the VPN connections were also very good (400Mbps+).
Turn off the VPNs and test again to confirm whether or not that's the cause of the problem.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!