What's new

Merlin 386_5.2 (AX86U) - logs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Portalnet

Regular Contributor
Hello
I went back to version 386.5_2 and from time to time I have the following messages in the logs:
- kernel: nf_conntrack: automatic helper assignment is deprecated and it will be removed soon. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.
- kernel: FPM Pool 1: invalid token 0x20600000 freed
- kernel: FPM Pool 1: ISR timer is enabled. There could be multiple occurrences of the reported issue

What do they mean?

Stop looking at the log…… :)

I'm looking at the log because on every FW (original asus and Merlin) I have strange behavior of the router, sometimes several times in an hour or only a few times in a day - randomly - I trace ping on the gateway for several seconds and I can't figure out what is the reason . The wifi connection is set up and the ping and internet are missing on each wifi device for several seconds and it is not related to the change of channels because the channel is permanently assigned.
I'm just wondering if the MAC address filter option can cause such a conflict?

Last edited:
No way to tell without knowing your settings. In general you don't need MAC filtering.

5Ghz wifi settings are 20/40/80/160, fixed channel 36 or 100 or Auto and DFS - all options tested. Always the same result of ping loss on the gate - never breaks connection, keeps 160Mhz nicely. Nothing changed in wifi settings. I also tested with 160 Mhz turned off.
DHCP enabled, all IP addresses assigned to MAC addresses.

Can the lack of ping to the gate for each device at the same time with a good wifi connection mean that something is interfering, some device?
Because ping to the gateway via LAN is always there.

A real lottery with these pings - sometimes it is like that every few minutes 10-20 pings are lost in a row and it lasts, for example, for an hour, two and sometimes only a few times throughout the day, at different times, etc. There is no connection why this is happening .

Does Filter MAC address really do nothing anymore? it's not worth putting it on?

Last edited:
With home routers the more settings you play with the greater chance to run into issues. Keep it simple. Latest Asuswrt firmware:

Not sure about MAC filter, but the fact something is available in firmware options doesn't necessarily mean it's working properly.

The
Hello
I went back to version 386.5_2 and from time to time I have the following messages in the logs:
- kernel: nf_conntrack: automatic helper assignment is deprecated and it will be removed soon. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.
- kernel: FPM Pool 1: invalid token 0x20600000 freed
- kernel: FPM Pool 1: ISR timer is enabled. There could be multiple occurrences of the reported issue

What do they mean?
FPM messages is the auto cache cleaner which was removed in later firmwares.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!