What's new

Merlin and iCloud mail not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Earlwood

New Around Here
I am using a RT-AC88U with Version 384.6. everything work very well except for Apple iCloud mail.

I use Apple Mail as a mail client and have several other mail accounts set up as well as iCloud mail.

iCloud mail receives mail okay but will not send.

However the email address I use works when I log in to iCloud on a browsers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 4.40.07 pm.png

Have you checked the From: mail address for typos? Looking at the error it suggests you're trying to use a From: mail address that doesn't match with the credentials supplied to authenticate to Apple's SMTP server. I don't have any issues sending iCloud mail myself.

Have you checked the From: mail address for typos? Looking at the error it suggests you're trying to use a From: mail address that doesn't match with the credentials supplied to authenticate to Apple's SMTP server. I don't have any issues sending iCloud mail myself.
Thanks for the help. The problem turn out to be a conflict between my iCloud log in which uses an @gmail.com address and the Apple server. When I set up Apple mail account using iCloud it automatically filled in the gmail address but it need an iCloud address to use the Apple sever.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!