What's new

Merlin Firmwared RT-N66U - Slow Down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AnthonyArmato

With the recent firmwares I've been seeing a decrease in speed as the router runs several days or so. After restarting speeds are back to normal. I hadn't seen this with previous versions. I've noticed it since 3.0.0.4.374.35_2. Currently using 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 and see it still.

Am I the only one ?

Are you running any services on the router such as the Media Server, iTunes server, or DownloadMaster?

No idea then. The RT-N66U wireless driver hasn't changed in the past few months.

I'm also seeing the same with the sdk5 build. It runs fine for a while and then a reboot is needed to restore performance.

I'm using basic AiCloud, QoS and Parental Controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to say I'm still on the 374.35_2 build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I can do regarding wireless issues is to point people at what I already wrote in this post. So, the usual: use 20 MHz, use a fixed channel, either 1, 6 or 11, etc...

n66u slow down

my little brother has the same issue with the latest beta running sdk5
he is using the ea-66u and after a few days it slows down... he is using the 5ghz ...