What's new

Beta Merlin for TUF-AX5400 is coming...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GNUton

Hi there,
Today I am happy to announe here that the first Merlin images for TUF-AX5400 are available for download.
The work is in a are pre-alpha state: there should not be catastrofic bugs, so it's safe to test them out.
The router should pretty much work but there are a lot of not tested things (see the list my github page) and some aready known issues.

If you are intested in helping out with testing please grab the image and flash it on your router.
The more it gets testd the quicker I can realease a stable.

Feel free to share feedback here or on my github.
You can download the image and get updates on what's happeninig here https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/147#issuecomment-1044177846

1645181657538.png

Is this the same as GS-AX5400?

I'm a little confused how to download the AX 5400 firmware? it's not on the source forge. What file do I need to use? I downloaded the master folder on github but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Hi there,
Today I am happy to announe here that the first Merlin images for TUF-AX5400 are available for download.
The work is in a are pre-alpha state: there should not be catastrofic bugs, so it's safe to test them out.
The router should pretty much work but there are a lot of not tested things (see the list my github page) and some aready known issues.

If you are intested in helping out with testing please grab the image and flash it on your router.
The more it gets testd the quicker I can realease a stable.

Feel free to share feedback here or on my github.
You can download the image and get updates on what's happeninig here https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/147#issuecomment-1044177846

View attachment 39602
Very interesting. The Asus TUF line is known for being well designed and rugged. It may be the solution to the overheating problems with other Asus routers: "The vent location and double heatsink design improve cooling for increased stability..."

@GNUton Echo what
Very interesting. The Asus TUF line is known for being well designed and rugged. It may be the solution to the overheating problems with other Asus routers: "The vent location and double heatsink design improve cooling for increased stability..."

Small footprint with 6 external antennas. Works well for its size/price.

What is the difference between TUF-AX5400_388.2_2_0-gnuton1_puresqubi.w and TUF-AX5400_388.2_2_0-gnuton1_tuf_puresqubi.w ?

I'm using the TUF-AX5400_388.2_2_0-gnuton1_puresqubi.w one, and it works fine, but still wondering out of sheer curiosity.

Thanks.