What's new

Merlin FW 382.1_2 QOS Issue.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

So I noticed that with this new FW on the Traditional QOS you have to put down your down load speed in the upload box and vice versa? Did not have to do this in the previous build of Merlin's FW.

I have spectrum 300 down and 20 up. With out QOS I get 352 down and 23 up. When I enable QOS I in 85% of both up and down load speeds.

Find it odd that I have to do this on this new FW?

Anyone else have this issue, I did the clean install that you guys have always recommended to do too.

Other than that its working no issues that I have noticed, all my consoles and wireless devices connect.

View attachment 11141

View attachment 11142

Last edited:
Traditional QOS has always been a disaster IMHO. Use adaptive QOS way way better!

Thanks

Is there a tutorial somewhere that discusses what good settings might be for Traditional QOS?
Lots of previous posts on Traditional QOS in this forum. I would highly recommend lots of reading.

Traditional QOS has always been a disaster IMHO. Use adaptive QOS way way better!
How so? There is no provision to configure for the traffic that cannot be identified by the Trend Micro groupings. RTP and VPN traffic both get dumped into general.

How so? There is no provision to configure for the traffic that cannot be identified by the Trend Micro groupings. RTP and VPN traffic both get dumped into general.
I use adaptive qos and I have no problems I stream through a vpn and it allows me to prioritise streaming. As a matter of fact all my traffic is categorised properly.

I use adaptive qos and I have no problems I stream through a vpn and it allows me to prioritise streaming. As a matter of fact all my traffic is categorised properly.

What kind of VPN are you using? PPTP, IpSEC, openVPN? My Cisco Anyconnect goes to directly to general.

Do you make use of SIP/rtp voip?

What kind of VPN are you using? PPTP, IpSEC, openVPN? My Cisco Anyconnect goes to directly to general.

Do you make use of SIP/rtp voip?
No I don't use voip so I put that at bottom of my bandwidth needs. You could class your voip as priority in the custom settings. Oh and my VPN is through Torguard I have a streaming ip with them.
EDIT: I use OpenVPN.

Last edited: