What's new

Merlin policy based routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

X99215b

New Around Here
running ASUSWRT-MERLIN on ASUS AC66U-B1(AC86 ver) Is it possible to route by interface? I'd like route all wireless traffic through to my WAN and all hardwired devices through my VPN. Thx in advance.

You could create DHCP static reservations for the hardwired devices. Then, use the Policy Routing feature of the OpenVPN screen to create a rule to route these devices to the VPN. Other devices will default to the WAN.

x3mRouting primary feature is to create IPSET lists for traffic and specify the interface you want the traffic routed too. An example is Netflix traffic. x3mRouting can be used to bypass the VPN and route to the WAN or direct the traffic to a VPN Client. Option 1 is an alternative method to selectively route LAN clients. It requires that you first create DHCP assignments by MAC address. You can then use the feature to edit a file containing the list of DHCP reservations and assign and interface for each device.

YazFi allows you to specify the interface the WiFi SID will use.

Thank you for responding. After the first response I received, I realized that I was going to have to specify every device...either by assigning static IPs or by MAC address. And since I'm going to whitelist by MAC address, I might as well use them to split tunnel. I also reviewed your scripts and decided they were overkill for my simple task. Again, thanks.