What's new

Merlin Reboot Scheduler - GUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

javaguy216

New Around Here
I have an Asus RT-AC68U (converted from TM-AC1900). I am running Asuswrt-Merlin version 380.65.2 and trying to schedule a daily reboot using GUI under "Administration", "System", "Miscellaneous". It seems the router is not rebooting at the scheduled time. Anyone can shed some light would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
far as i can tell reboot works fine, I have my set to Thursday 06:00, I never tried setting it to reboot everyday though

Last edited:
I tried getting the reboot to work, but was never able to and gave up. I think it is a bug on AC68. On plus side, the router is very stable.

FYI, running RT-AC66U B1 with 380.64.2 merlin firmware. Reboot scheduler was working fine until daylight saving date, march 12th for me. Afther that day, it never worked, even if I disable / enable with different settings.

Maybe an Asus bug in the original firmware.

Could it be because I renamed the user admin to something else as a security precaution? Where can I see the cron log and cron jobs? I think the cron job is not created anymore from the gui.

@djbrad did you get it sorted out?

Could it be because I renamed the user admin to something else as a security precaution? Where can I see the cron log and cron jobs? I think the cron job is not created anymore from the gui.
I think this is true. I tried it for my RT-Ac66U (my admin user is also renamed) and then had a look into my cronjobs via
Code:
crontab -l

There was no cronjob except for another one I have created myself listed. So this might be a bug.

@djbrad did you get it sorted out?

I think this is true. I tried it for my RT-Ac66U (my admin user is also renamed) and then had a look into my cronjobs via
Code:
crontab -l

There was no cronjob except for another one I have created myself listed. So this might be a bug.
I doubt the WebUI/admin user name has any influence at all for the reboot scheduling.
The job is not written to cron, it must be a separate watchdog timer.
Setting the reboot timer with an non-standard username works fine on 380.69 on a RT-AC1900P (RT-AC68U firmware).