What's new

Merlin Support 4G on RT-AX58U v1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

1976saint

Occasional Visitor
I have just installed Virgin Business Broadband (I'm still residential it was the cheaper option during Black Friday googling and with 4 working from home was a no brainer) which came with a 4G dongle for backup.

When I go to configure this in Dual WAN tab the Primary drop down only shows me the LAN ports 1-4 and not the WAN port.

Asus Link https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1011719 suggest that there should be a WAN option.

Is the merlin FW missing this option / not supported or do I need to do something else before the WAN option appears.

I'm a big fan of merlin on the AX58U so would be a big shame its not a feature.

Thanks
1976saint.

Dual WAN configuration page:

1668921953339.png

And when you have Ethernet LAN selected:

1668921995416.png

Dual WAN is not working properly with Ethernet connections though. May or may not fail over/back. With USB dongle you may have some luck.

You perhaps only had to reload the GUI page with Ctrl + F5 or try with another browser.

However, the Virginmedia business 4G dongle appears to require a PIN which I don't have and by all accounts might only work with inconjuntion with the Virgin Router so could be a fruitless excerise anyway.

I will see what they say today.

Quite possible. It's a backup for your main line. They may not want you to use it on another device as separate line.