What's new

Merlin v384 and AiMesh nodes on v386 (AiMesh 2.0) OK?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnD5000

Very Senior Member
I run Merlin on my main router RT-AC86U v384.19 and I have 2 RT-AC68U AIMesh nodes running stock Asus. I noticed that the v386 stock (3.0.0.4.386.40558) is out for the RT-AC68U and it has AiMesh 2.0.

Is it OK to upgrade the nodes to stock v386 with AiMesh 2 and keep the router running Merlin with v384 on AiMesh 1.0 or should I stay where I am and wait for Merlin to go to v386?

Thanks

I run Merlin on my main router RT-AC86U v384.19 and I have 2 RT-AC68U AIMesh nodes running stock Asus. I noticed that the v386 stock (3.0.0.4.386.40558) is out for the RT-AC68U and it has AiMesh 2.0.

Is it OK to upgrade the nodes to stock v386 with AiMesh 2 and keep the router running Merlin with v384 on AiMesh 1.0 or should I stay where I am and wait for Merlin to go to v386?

Thanks
It is preferred all nodes and RMerlin be on the same V386 platform for the best Aimesh experience, other wise there may be aimesh conflict as mentioned in the asus beta and aimesh performance hits. You are welcome to test it out and provide us with feed back though. Sometimes you never know until you experience it yourself.

It is preferred all nodes and RMerlin be on the same V386 platform for the best Aimesh experience, other wise there may be aimesh conflict as mentioned in the asus beta and aimesh performance hits. You are welcome to test it out and provide us with feed back though. Sometimes you never know until you experience it yourself.

So, I know Merlin has recommended stock on nodes, but it is not recommended to mix 386 stock (AIMesh 2.0) with pre 386 (AiMesh 1.0) stock or Merlin? Does the AiMesh 2.0 beta specifically mentioned not to mix it with AiMesh 1.0? I guess that makes sense.

I will wait until Merlin comes out with 386 and then up grade nodes to latest stock at that time. Thanks

So, I know Merlin has recommended stock on nodes, but it is not recommended to mix 386 stock (AIMesh 2.0) with pre 386 (AiMesh 1.0) stock or Merlin? Does the AiMesh 2.0 beta specifically mentioned not to mix it with AiMesh 1.0? I guess that makes sense.

I will wait until Merlin comes out with 386 and then up grade nodes to latest stock at that time. Thanks
Okay So I have alpha 2 flashed on an RTAX88U, along with stock Release Aimesh 2 (386) on 3 RT-AC68U, and 1 RT-AC3100 Beta-Stock(Aimesh2.0), RT-AC5300 Beta-stock(Aimesh2.0), and GT-AX11000Beta-stock(Aimesh2.0) -------> it is not recommended for me to take a router flashed only with Aimesh 1.0 and run it in this setup. (it is able to, but it is not a recommended configuration for performance and reliability reasons).

Thanks, if not recommended to mix stock 1.0 and 2.0 AiMesh, I guess it is not recommended to mix 1.0 Merlin and 2.0 stock. Makes sense. I'll just wait until Merlin goes to 386. Hopefully won't be too long.