What's new

MerlinWRT 380_65_2 schedule reboot not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jamesnmandy

Regular Contributor
No matter how many times I toggle it on or off, reboot router, change day or time, the RT-AC68U running Merlin 380_65_2 refuses to automatically reboot. Is there some sort of dependency elsewhere in the firmware for this to work? Thanks

I have the log entries saved from the manual reboot I just did. Is the system supposed to revert to July 31st to perform the reboot and then set itself back to the correct date and time? Because that's what it shows. I don't want to post here because it is full of entries with my IP and Mac addresses which have privileges set.

This is a random issue that seems to more often happen with the RT-AC68U. I have never been able to track down the source.

Thanks for the reply. Do you feel it is specific to my hardware or does flashing a newer version firmware sometimes clear it up?

I've never been able to get the reboot feature to work on my AC68 no matter what version of Merlin I use. However, Merlin and AC68 seem to be very stable so frequent rebooting isn't that necessary.

This is a random issue that seems to more often happen with the RT-AC68U. I have never been able to track down the source.

This is happening to me (on a modified TM/AC1900, sorry!!!). Reset to factory a couple times, no changes. I guess this setting can be checked/reprogrammed with NVRAM settings? I can just setup some a chron job using a script to bypass the problem I guess! In the meantime I have a mechanical clock. Can't beat that...