What's new

Minidlna - force_sort_criteria - sort by file name

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

swenak

New Around Here
Hi,

I trying to change force_sort_criteria in Minidlna to sorting by file name, but it not work as I need. I want only to sorting by file name, like in Windows, not tags, or any other files informations. It is, because I use same files source on multiple devices and some devices (and apps) can sort only by file name and I want same sorting on all devices.

I use Merlin 380.68.

Thanks.

Sorting should usually be handled by the client device rather than the DLNA server.

My DLNA device cannot sorting by filename (Yamaha WXA-50) :-( This is, why I tryng to force it. And some other devices have same problem (like Panasonic TV).

force_sort_criteria="+dc:title"

That's was first, what I tested, but it not work.

Attachments

• Filenames.PNG
    Filenames.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 867
  • DLNA.jpg
    DLNA.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,156
Yes, I restart minidlna and changing of line changing, how client showing files, so, it works.

Now I have this in file:

Code:
root_container=B
db_dir=/jffs/minidlna/db
log_dir=/jffs/minidlna/log
#force_sort_criteria=+upnp:class,+upnp:originalTrackNumber,+dc:title
force_sort_criteria=+dc:title

Sorting by file name is undocumented and I don't know if it's supported at all. Your best bet is to read the source or use your google-fu to see if someone else has found a way in making it work