What's new

miniupnpd problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dave85

Occasional Visitor
hi, i have serious issue with the ac68u router, i copy the log from miniupnpd
im using the merlin firmware 374.42_2, and i also try with the original firmware with the same result.

May 22 00:36:32 miniupnpd[728]: HTTP listening on port 60159
May 22 00:36:32 miniupnpd[728]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351
May 22 00:36:37 miniupnpd[728]: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection reset by peer

what is my problem? i have serious disconnect in a online game, specifically league of legends, i try upnp, dmz, port triggering, port forward, and i have the same issue, it random connect and disconnect.
when i back to my old linksys the connection work flawless.
i appreciate the help.

try dd-wrt on the 68u it upnp should work flawless

i kno it works flawless in tomato. i had a few issues with merlin/asus-wrt but i did work it out previously. do more research and if u find out more info tell merlin what u know he might be able to fix it if its a real issue

try dd-wrt on the 68u it upnp should work flawless

i kno it works flawless in tomato. i had a few issues with merlin/asus-wrt but i did work it out previously. do more research and if u find out more info tell merlin what u know he might be able to fix it if its a real issue

Tomato and I both use the exact same UPNP daemon (miniupnpd), so there should be no difference in compatibility between our firmwares.

Tomato and I both use the exact same UPNP daemon (miniupnpd), so there should be no difference in compatibility between our firmwares.

well all i can say is i have seen problems with upnp on merlin before. and i have never seen them with tomato. so while it might be essentially running the same thing, everything running in the background is different which leaves room for different problems to happen on different FW

well all i can say is i have seen problems with upnp on merlin before. and i have never seen them with tomato. so while it might be essentially running the same thing, everything running in the background is different which leaves room for different problems to happen on different FW

UPnP is fairly simple in its design in a typical home network: it gets a request to forward port X to IP Y, then it adds an iptable rules that accomplishes this.

Most console-related issues aren't really related to UPnP itself, but to other aspects of the firmware, such as how NAT is handled, or traffic queueing disciplines being used.