What's new

Missing Addons tab

  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

    SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

    Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

    The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fr0s7

New Around Here
Hi all,

I've come across several similar threads but nothing helped so here it goes:

Somewhere around when I upgraded to 386.5_2 my addons page from the webui went missing, multiple reboots (from ssh, web and from the power grid) did not solve it. I'm running several addons (see below) and if I manually go to the user1-5.asp in browser address bar, page for that addon works, here is the mapping:

user1.asp - Diversion
user2.asp - spdMerlin
user3.asp - scMerlin
user4.asp - uiDivStats
user5.asp - Skynet

grep redirect /tmp/menuTree.js - yields no result

grep user /tmp/menuTree.js
{url: "user1.asp", tabName: "Diversion"},
if(userRSSI_support){

I've enabled the NTP watchdog script in scMerlin but this only changed Diversion mapping from user2 to user1

scMerling says I have only Diversion mapped as WebUI addon, but the is still no addons tab on the menu on the left

Going into amtm config for any addon I get the following (regardless of the addon):
WebUI for scMerlin is available at:
WebUI page not found

Start up log say the following:

Jul 26 18:29:25 XXXXX scMerlin: Mounting WebUI tabs for scMerlin
Jul 26 18:29:28 XXXXX scMerlin: Mounted scMerlin WebUI page as

Tried manually deleting menuTree.js and reboot - no change
Today I've upgraded to 386.7_2 - no change

Any ideas ?
 
Welcome to the forums @fr0s7.

What router do have?

Was amtm fully up to date before upgrading the firmware?

Were all the scripts updated too?

Including Entware?

Has your USB stick become corrupted?

When was the last time you did a full reset to factory defaults and then minimally and manually configured the router (including formatting the USB key on a PC before inserting into the freshly reset router)?
 
Welcome to the forums @fr0s7.

What router do have?

Was amtm fully up to date before upgrading the firmware?

Were all the scripts updated too?

Including Entware?

Has your USB stick become corrupted?

When was the last time you did a full reset to factory defaults and then minimally and manually configured the router (including formatting the USB key on a PC before inserting into the freshly reset router)?
The only script I have installed that is meant to show up in addons is SpdMerlin (on an AX-86U). The page had been disappearing for a few weeks already (maybe since the start of July), and would return after a force-update of SpdMerlin.

But then, I had to do a hard-reset after playing with Tailscale caused too many problems. Fresh install of 386.7, jffs wiped, all scripts reinstalled from scratch (with amtm creating the swap file and installing Entware). In short, same symptom (for that one script), and I certainly followed all the steps you list except anything involving the USB stick. If it happens again (it just did, an hour or so ago!), I'll try reformatting the USB stick. (The amtm disk check doesn't show issues, for what it's worth.)
 

Similar threads

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top