What's new

Missing SSID on AIMesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

metahome

Occasional Visitor
I have a pair of RT-AX68U both running 386.7_2 configured as an AIMesh with a Wireless backhaul. Backhaul connection is Good.

I have 3 SSIDs configured: gnmnet, gnmguest, gnmdevs. The latter 2 are guest SSIDs.

However looking at the network with InSSIDer it appears that the mesh node is only offering 2 of the 3 SSIDs.

The main router has MAC address ending F1:Ax
The node has MAC address ending F2:Ex

When I look at my Wireless using inSSIDer I don't see the gnmdevs SSID on the node. This is confirmed by the fact that a TV which is physically close to the node is binding to the main router which is much further away:

1678635469457.png

Can anyone give me a pointer to why the gnmdev SSID is not being advertised on the AiMesh node. I have checked all the settings I can think of without success.

Thanks in advance.

It's a limitation of the way AiMesh is designed. There's no way around it, assuming you want the guest networks isolated from your main LAN. In the previous version of AiMesh none of the isolated guest networks were available on the nodes.

It's a limitation of the way AiMesh is designed. There's no way around it, assuming you want the guest networks isolated from your main LAN. In the previous version of AiMesh none of the isolated guest networks were available on the nodes.
Many thanks for clarifying