What's new

Mix mesh firmware 384 386

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sativa

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have the AX88U as the main router, and 2 AX56U as nodes. I had updated the AX88U back in November with the, then, new 386 firmware and the network was very unstable. I also noticed that specific firmware was subsequently withdrawn.

I note a new 386 firmware for the AX88U is available but I have not updated yet, as I thought I should wait for the AX56U to have a 386 update. The latest update (yesterday) is still 384 for the AX56Us.

Will there be 'disruption' running these updates?

Why don't you just update both to latest Asus Merlin firmware 386.1_0 ? Both can have latest 386 firmware GPL from Asus.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have the AX88U as the main router, and 2 AX56U as nodes. I had updated the AX88U back in November with the, then, new 386 firmware and the network was very unstable. I also noticed that specific firmware was subsequently withdrawn.

I note a new 386 firmware for the AX88U is available but I have not updated yet, as I thought I should wait for the AX56U to have a 386 update. The latest update (yesterday) is still 384 for the AX56Us.

Will there be 'disruption' running these updates?

You can upload all to the current RC2-11 41994 beta, same as AX88U released 41994 beta:

Might as well, it's Friday! :)

Don't forget to reset the firmware and configure from scratch.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!